KOREA TOUR CARD, Tmoney and Cashbee are transportation cards that can be used on public buses and subways in several different metropolitan cities and locations throughout the nation. With this transportation card, travelers can save the hassle of purchasing single journey subway tickets for every ride and enjoy discounts on rides during transfers from one bus to another, one subway line to another, or from bus to subway or vice versa (within a transfer time limit).
Tmoney card can be divided into a basic Tmoney card, integrated cards, foreigner exclusive cards, customized card, and mobile Tmoney. Tmoney cards can be used as a transportation card as well as a method of payment at affiliated stores. KOREA TOUR CARD is equipped with Tmoney functions and offers discount benefits on shopping, attractions, performances, and hallyu related contents. Cashbee card also functions as a transportation card and a method of payment at affiliated shopping centers and convenience stores. Among the many different types of Cashbee cards, Cashbee Jeju Pass Card is recommended to visitors traveling to Jeju Island as it offers discount benefits at tour attractions and duty free shops in Jeju Island.
KOREA TOUR CARD
KOREA TOUR CARD is a useful transportation and travel card for international tourists. The card functions as a Tmoney card, providing convenient access to public transportation as well as transfer benefits anywhere in Korea. KOREA TOUR CARD also provides discount benefits at select shops, restaurants, and performances, and offers free admission to popular attractions such as The National Museum of Korea, Everland, and Lotte World. The card can also be used through the KOREA TOUR CARD mobile app. Using the phone’s NFC function, the card can be used for public transportation, as well as making purchases at convenience stores and shops such as Starbucks and McDonald’s.
4,000 won (card is not loaded upon purchase) * Cash only
• Card vending machines at Seoul subway stations from Line 1 to 4
• Convenience stores: 7-eleven, CU, GS25, emart24 (card may not be available in all stores)
• Airport Railroad Travel Centers: Seoul Station Travel Center (08:00-21:00) / Hongik Univ. Station Travel Center (08:00-21:00) / Incheon International Airport Passenger Terminal 1 Store on B1 (07:00-22:00) / Incheon International Airport Passenger Terminal 1 Travel Center (07:00-21:30) / Gimpo Airport Station Int’l Travel Center (07:00-21:30)
• In-flight purchase: Jeju Airlines (40 international flights stopping at Incheon or Busan) / Air Seoul (12 flights bound or Incheon)
• Affiliated banks within the airport: Shinhan Bank (Incheon International Airport and exchange booths inside passenger terminals (Terminal 1 Gate C / Terminal 2 Gate A), Gimpo International Airport, Jeju International Airport, Gimhae Airport) / Woori Bank exchange booths (Incheon International Airport (Terminal 1 Gates 4 & 9 / Terminal 2 Gate 5), Gimpo International Airport)
• Additional locations: Duty-free stores, Doota Mall, OLIVEYOUNG flagship store In Myeong-dong, Shinhan Bank (Myeong-dong Station Branch, Myeong-dong Branch, Hongik Univ. Branch), Woori Bank Myeongdong Banking Center
• KOREA TOUR CARD mobile app: Download from GooglePlay. Downloading, registering, and card issuance is free within the promotional period (ends December 31, 2018). Only VISA, Mastercard, JCB, American Express, and Union Pay cards are accepted.
* Only available on smart phones running Android OS 5.0.1 and higher with NFC function
Reload & refund locations:
Convenience stores and Tmoney service desks at subway stations (Seoul Subway Lines 1-8, Incheon Subway Lines 1-2)
* Cards can also be reloaded using the card reloading devices within subway stations.
* Travelers can receive a refund for the card and any remaining balance loaded in the card with a service charge of 500 won. Travelers are advised to load their card in small amounts as refund process for over 50,000 won can be complicated and time-consuming.
KOREA TOUR CARD website:
www.koreatourcard.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Tmoney & Cashbee Cards
From 2,500 won
Areas of use
|Seoul & Gyeonggi (Lines 1-9, Airport Railroad, Shinbundang Line, U Line, Suin Line, Gyeongchun Line, Gyeongui-Jungang Line, Jungang Line, Bundang Line, Yongin EverLine, Ui Sinseol Line)Incheon (Lines 1-2)Daejeon (Line 1)Daegu (Lines 1-3)Busan (Lines 1-4, Busan-Gimhae Light Rail, Donghae Line)Gwangju (Line 1)|
|Seoul & Gyeonggi (All areas)Incheon, Daejeon, Daegu, Ulsan, Gwangju, Busan, Sejong (All areas)Gangwon (Chuncheon, Wonju, Gangnueng, Hoengseong)Chungcheongbuk (Chungju, Yeongdong, Cheongju, Okcheon, Danyang, Jecheon, Jincheon, Cheongwon, Goesan, Boeun, Eumseong, Jeungpyeong)Chungcheongnam (Cheonan, Asan, Hongseong, Gongju, Nonsan, Cheongyang, Boryeong, Yeongi, Yesan, Geumsan, Buyeo, Taean, Seosan, Seocheon, Dangjin, Gyeryong)Gyeongsangbuk (Pohang, Yeongju, Mungyeong, Sangju, Andong, Gumi, Gyeongju, Gimcheon, Uljin, Uiseong, Gyeongsan, Yecheon, Ulleung, Chilgok, Yeongcheon, Cheongdo)Gyeongsangnam (Tongyeong, Geoje, Changwon, Yangsan, Haman, Miryang, Sacheon, Sancheong, Hadong, Changnyeon, Hamyang, Jinju, Goseong, Geochang, Namhae, Hapcheon, Gimhae)Jeollabuk (Gunsan, Wanju, Sunchang, Jeonju, Gimje, Ilsan, Iksan, Jinan, Gochang, Jeongeup, Buan, Namwon, Muju, Jangsu)Jeollanam (Yeosu, Mokpo, Gwangyang, Naju, Hwasun, Haenam, Jangseong, Muan, Hampyeong, Damyang, Gurye, Gangjin, Goheung, Boseong, Yeongam, Suncheon, Gokseong, Jangheung, Yeonggwang)Jeju (All areas)* Cashbee card is not accepted in Gyeongsangbuk (Andong), Gyeongsangnam (Geoje, Tongyeong, Hadong, Hapcheon, Hamyang, Geochang, Changnyeong, Goseong, Sancheong, Namhae).|
Convenience stores (GS25, CU, 7-Eleven, Ministop, Buy The Way, etc.) bearing the Tmoney or Cashbee logo in areas of use listed above. (*Note: Tmoney card can also be purchased from ticket vending and card reload devices inside subway stations within the Seoul metropolitan area)
Reload & refund locations
All retail locations
* Card price and service fee of 500 won are not refundable. Travelers are advised to load their card in small amounts as the refund process for over 50,000 won can be complicated and time-consuming.
How to use
When used with public transportation in Seoul, you must tap your card when boarding and getting off buses or entering and exiting subway stations. Transfer discounts are also available, limited to four times a day, within a transfer time limit of 30 minutes (up to 1 hour from 21:00 to 07:00 next day). However, the transfer discount will not apply if transferring to the same numbered bus or re-entering the same subway station within 30 minutes.
Upon boarding the bus, place your card on the sensor located at the front of the bus until it beeps. The sensor will display the amount charged on the top and the remaining balance at the bottom. Before getting off the bus, place the transportation card on the sensor located at the rear doors of the bus until it beeps. If you do not tap your card before getting off the bus, you will not be able to benefit from the transfer discount.
Place your card on the sensor located on top of the subway turnstile until it beeps. The sensor will display the amount charged on the top and the remaining balance at the bottom. If you are transferring, the amount charge may appear as “0” (zero). Upon arriving at your destination, tap your card at the sensor on the turnstile again in order to exit.
In a taxi with the Tmoney or Cashbee logo affixed, inform the taxi driver that you want to pay with a transportation card, tap your card on the terminal, and your taxi fare will be automatically paid from your transportation card’s balance. However, please note that this payment method will only work if there is enough balance on your card to pay the full fare.